CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Keeping my head above water?

One thing I have learned so far this semester that it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to live in the present. I am constantly looking forward to something that is juuust beyond my reach.

My goal this semester was to do my best to remain positive about my life. Honestly I feel like I am failing at this goal everyday. I don’t particularly have anything specific to complain about, it is just a never-ending cycle of exhaustion.

For example: Labor Day. I had a very relaxing weekend in Shreveport spending time with my family and a few friends. It was great to for the first time in a month not worry about my to-do list and have fun. I got back to Baton Rouge around 11 Monday night to be greeted by the fact that I had an unfinished project waiting for me. I was under the impression that we only had to do one more step but in fact we had to finish the project. So all of my rest and relaxation from the weekend went right out the window. (Granted working over the weekend probably could have solved this but that is a completely separate issue.)

The point I am attempting to make is this: I constantly reach these points in my life where I choose to take time for myself and to have fun. Each and every one of these times I am greeted by to reality with the fact that the amount of work I have on my plate has quadrupled.

I suppose it is about time I quit my grumbling about my life. I just needed to be Negative Nancy for a few moments.

On a positive note: I am greatly looking forward to fall.

(Too bad this picture is in the northeast and fall never
looks like this down in south louisiana...but still....makes me happy)


1 comments:

Leigh Anne

aw sister! i think you should still take time to have fun because it at least balances out the work, right? how about we just leave all this behind and go up north and come back when the cold winter hits? sound good? great. i'll look into cheap airline prices.

Post a Comment