My sister has done this several times and I have always wanted to join...but it was always thursday when I thought about it. Well, it is actually wednesday so here goes!
1. Matt Wertz's new album Weights and Wings. I'm obsessed. It is the perfect spring time music to enjoy driving with the windows down.
2. Cookies and Cream: I have recently discovered two of my favorite desserts have amazing combinations of COOKIES and CREAM. #1: Sweet Wishes Cupcakes. It is a chocolate cupcake with an oreo inside a cupcake! Ahhhhh-mazing. #2: CHOCOLATE cookies and cream ICE CREAM from the LSU Dairy Store. It is a little shop on campus that sells dairy products that are produced by the LSU Ag department. Now this is not your typical cookies and cream ice cream. It is chocolate ice cream with cookies and cream. Changed my life a little bit.
(Beautiful photo that my boss took on campus)
3. The Quad: This weekend I had a friend visit me from home. I was showing him around campus and we walked to the quad. It was a little after noon and it was a quiet Sunday afternoon. The lighting was magical. The beautiful arches were filled with magnificent streams of light and the azaleas were in full bloom. Azaleas will always have a special place in my heart. Shreveport is covered with them and they will forever remind me of home. I don't visit the quad very often, so it was a special reminder of how much a love my university.
(I love my little sisters!)
4. ZTA: This weekend was filled with several wonderful ZTA events. I had formal on Saturday and Family Day on Sunday (crawfish yum!) After all of the festivities were over, I had to watch skit and preference tryouts for formal recruitment in the fall. I got to sit and listen to a few girls sing some of the songs that we use during the last round of recruitment and it gave me goose bumps! It was another great reminder of how special our sisterhood is to my life.
5. My amazingly supportive friends and family: I am fairly positive that this has been my busiest and most stressful semester to date but it has also been one of the most enjoyable! Due to the love and support of my friends at school I have been able to survive all of the chaos and find the joy in each day. My family is always understanding and willing to drive hundreds of miles to come visit me because they know how happy it makes me to spend time with them. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities I have been given. I know I go crazy some times...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!