CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

work is not a job

Tonight while I am supposed to be completing sketches that are due tomorrow morning I stumbled upon workisnotajob.com and I it kinda changed my life a lil bit. I am so inspired by her perspective on life and the creative process.

This semester has been challenging in the creative department. I am...well simply, uninspired. So when this caught my eye I couldn't resist sharing. More often than not, our planners are filled with appointments and deadlines...but what are our actual lives filled with? Are we defining ourselves by the "stuff" filling our lives or by what truly makes us thrive? It is easy to get busy and see all the things on our to-do list and get bogged down...but I am doing my best to look at each deadline as an opportunity not a burden.

Soooo anyways...this is just my way of transferring some happy thoughts into the world. I hope that you find some inspiration and pass it along.

And I would recommend following them on twitter. Then you get to see happy reminders like this in the midst of another Manic Monday:

2 comments:

Leigh Anne

love it, the bottom picture is great. i like your happy thoughts :)

Unknown

Hey! We talked about Work tonight in the bible study I'm in (we're reading The Prophet by Khalil Gibran), and I used this as a reference to get people to think about differentiating Work from Job. I wasn't able to explain it quite so elegantly, but it's definitely a great outlook. I think you would enjoy the "chapter" on Work.

Post a Comment