CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

#2 sitting in the woods (aka hunting?)


Thus far I have failed to accomplish any more milestones on my list of 21 Things to do before my 21st Birthday. So now that I have "free time" I feel like I should knock a few things off that list. One of those was going "hunting" with my dad and brother.


Chad asked me to go with him over thanksgiving break but I was too swamped with school. When he asked me to go again over Christmas I didn't really have a good excuse. So we suited up (head-to-toe) in camouflage and an awesome pink hat (compliments of my hunting guide) and we were ready to go! He taught me how to shoot, and I was actually pretty good at it!! ha.


(The top 4 shots...aka ones closest to the center...are mine. Chad missed his target and hit mine. ha.)

We climbed up into the stand and started hunting. After about 20 minutes I realized that hunting is far less exciting when there is nothing to actually hunt. Then Chad talked me into going the next day because "Bubba always sees deer at this stand. It will be a GREAT day to see deer!" You sure about that? hmm...

At the end of the day it was fun to hang out with the boys, and now I have obtained a greater appreciation for all the hard "work" that Dad and Chad put into bringing home that good meat ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment